Honda Link

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LAF, Mar 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LAF

LAF Active Member

Honda Link tells you to update to use but there is no update on the Apple store. So can't use.

Did this happen to anyone else?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

It’s working here:
    40A3C288-B06B-4925-9F87-3FDF6DB9AABD.png

4. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I was going to ask this question separately but I will piggy-back here (and the app works fine on my android phone. No update message or anything like that):

Has anyone figured out how to consistently get the Odometer and Parking Location sections to update? My odometer reading is from Feb 26 and it says the car is here at home when my wife has it at work.

5. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Parking reminder uses your current phone GPS location, not the location of the car. The only thing that uses the car location is the “find my car” function. It’s kind of misleading IMHO.

I’m not sure about the odometer thing. Mine updates every day.

JJim and KentuckyKen like this.
  6. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

Glad someone brought up this app as I find it really annoying. The best that I've been able to determine "Find My Car" should be renamed "Find My Phone" as that's all it can do. My wife was in another state this weekend and the car was parked from Friday evening until Sunday morning. The app got charging updates and if I scrolled to the correct location on the "Charge Stations" map I could see the car but I tried at least a half a dozen times to use Vehicle->Find My Car->Locate Vehicle and it never did anything butbut show me where I am and flash the little I'm thinking dots. I get the same results if I'm sitting at my desk and the car is sitting 15 feet away in the parking lot.

Has anyone else gotten that feature to work?

geo

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Mine works pretty consistently. It seems to update the location anytime I park and I can force an update by hitting the locate vehicle button.

9. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

For me the find-my-car almost always works. It won't track a moving vehicle though and it tells me so. I can almost always see where my wife parked the car on her morning rounds.

I didn't think the Parking Reminder worked until I played around with it one day and clicked on the Edit Marker link. Then it presented three options "Clear Marker" "Modify Marker" "Cancel". When I clicked Clear Marker I was then able to use the "Set Marker Here" and it worked as designed.

The Parking Reminder would be great in a huge parking lot like the San Diego Zoo. We have no use for it in our small city.

The Odometer display is a complete mystery to me. Although I did notice that bringing up the HondaLink app while in the car one day seemed to update the Odometer reading. Other than that it seems to have a mind of it's own. Right now, on March 20th, it is displaying an odometer reading from March 17th.

10. Elm

Elm New Member

Has anyone gotten the secondary driver to work?

11. Sriyad

Sriyad New Member

Yes. Secondary driver addition worked for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

FWIW all my Honda Link features work as they’re supposed to. The odo always reflects what the car has every time I turn it off. The find my car has always worked as long as my phone has internet access and the car has reception from the GPS satellites and has cell signal to find the HL server.
    So it is possible to have it work w 100% functionality.

Remember, this is a free service and Honda is paying for all those packet data transmissions. I notice that my updates while charging are not real time but occur every 1 to 2 hours.

If yours is not updating, may I suggest checking the TCU signal displayed at shut down. And maybe delete and reinstall HL app. Make sure you’ve got the right HL app, there are several different ones available as I recall. Maybe even try the reset by disconnecting battery. And if all else fails take it to the dealer; they know everything about it. (Insert miniacal laughter here)