Maintenance costs

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Klexwood, Jun 15, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Klexwood

Klexwood New Member

How much should one pay for the scheduled maintenance and must it be from a Honda dealer?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

Cost no idea but federal protection indicates doesn't have to be from dealer (though in a warranty claim you may be asked to provide evidence the work was done thru receipts etc)

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I do my own oil changes and tire rotations. I keep the receipts where I purchase the items. It does not have to be from a dealer.

5. I paid $65 at a dealer for the AO1 service, which is an oil change and tire rotation. Bring it in with depleted batteries and ask them to charge it up. That’s worth a couple bucks.

For other scheduled maintenance, give the service department a call and ask what they charge for the particular service and make a note of it on the “Maintenance Service Items” page in the manual.

6. Klexwood

Klexwood New Member

Thanks, those are helpful suggestions. The Honda dealer here wants $100 for a oil change and tire rotation. I think that is too much so I will go to another auto service center.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The work was done at Honda of Pasadena. I did not buy the vehicle from them.

I may recall some other owners mentioning prices of $120-160 for the same service from other dealers.

9. Danks

Danks Active Member

A01 also includes some inspection. I went to my trusted auto shop. He drives an Insight. Cost $100.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

I live in Massachusetts and the two Honda dealers I deal with for tire rotation and oil change is under $70 - these are Herb Chambers dealers. If I don't do the tire rotation, it's about $40. This is dealer cost and the cheapest maintenance I've ever had for any car period. I can and love doing maintenance on cars like oil changes but for that price, I bring it in and read a book while the work is being done.

11. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Neither the local dealership nor the one 135 miles away where I bought the Clarity has an EVSE - and neither has any incentive to install one.

12. To remove this ad click here.